Pages

Saturday, June 4

Places I Have Lived


I meet so many people who have only ever lived in the one town and I wonder how they can do it.  I am not saying that it is a bad thing nor am I saying it is a good thing.  I just wonder what it would be like to live in the one place for your whole life.  I am sure that there are a lot of benefits but with my upbringing I find that I can not be anywhere for more than 18 months before I want to pack up and move on.  I love a change and I love being able to do a massive clean out of everything in the house.  I get such itchy feet that I re-arrange our house every three months.

Here are the places I have lived throughout my life so far:
  • Mt. Isa, Qld (I was born here)
  • Derby, WA
  • Katherine, NT
  • Brisbane, Qld
  • Pittsworth, Qld
  • Broome, WA
  • Oodnadatta, SA
  • Rockhampton, Qld
  • Bouldercombe, Qld
  • Perth, WA
  • Kambalda, WA
  • Kalgoorlie, WA
  • Sunshine Coast, Qld
(NB: The list includes the towns that we "lived" meaning we had a house and were there for more than three months.)

In 1991 my family also travelled around the world with our main stays in America, Canada and Argentina.

Are you a stayer or a mover?

No comments:

Post a Comment