Pages

Sunday, June 5

Head Ache

I have to admit that today has been a very trying day.  It feels like all I do ALL day is pick up the same things over and over and over again.  I HATE my house and the fact that it has pure white tiles.  Who on earth uses PURE WHITE tiles??  (NB:  We are renters)  I know that the kids are just being kids but sometimes I wish they would just sit on the couch all day and watch TV just so the house stays clean and I can have a break.

Mikaela has a new habit of wanting to walk around with her bottle which is driving me INSANE.  She tips milk everywhere and then that dries with dirt on top and so my floor ends up with dirty spots everywhere.  Of course these need to be mopped because if not the house looks like a dump.  And in order to mop I have to vaccuum.  So there is at least an hours worth of cleaning plus the time it will take to dry.

Then I let the boys play in the garage but I tell them "do not touch anything else but your bikes" and of course they touch EVERYTHING.  So then I have to either yell at them to clean it or I clean it myself.

And the absolute worst thing is the boys using all the printing paper.  DRIVES ME NUTS.  They make planes which may I add I still have a paper plane stuck in my floor to ceiling lamp!!  They do drawings and they scrunch it up and throw it everywhere.

To top off the day I walked into my room to find Mikaela sitting on the floor with a tampon hanging out of her mouth.  She smile and laughed as soon as she saw me.  What a sight that was.

Every sunday I make them all have a sleep or quiet time watching a movie.  I really needed it today because I was not feeling well and had a head ache but they screamed and yelled and misbehaved.  I ended up making them watch a movie in the lounge room and I slept on the couch to watch them.  I woke to find that they had gotten into the juice poppers and the lounge room was filled with toys.  ARGH!!

So sunday night and I am stuffed!!  I had a break down on the phone to the hubby and then we talked it out and I was ok.  I am now on the couch with my pillows, doona and laptop and I am about to jump up and make a hot chocolate before settling back down to watch Downton Abbey.  Here are the things that I learnt today:
  • I really hate the hubby being away
  • I need to be stricter with Mikaela and her bottle
  • I should not get sick during a weekend and when hubby is away
  • Do not leave my tampons where Mikaela can get them 
  • Rent a house that does not have white tiles
  • I WANT MY HUSBAND HOME!!

1 comment:

  1. Hate days where all I do is repeat everything over and over.
    Glad you ended up nice and snuggy on the couch

    ReplyDelete